Built by John G. Hayden c.1799, this gambrel roof home is
part of the Griswold Inn. During the 18th century the Hayden family
owned and operated a shipyard in Essex and was responsible for building this
home and seven other structures on Main Street. Today the Hayden House is the
site for many weddings and special events, featuring two common rooms, four
guest rooms, and the Inn’s only television. A portion of proceeds from this
archi-block benefits the Child and Family Agency of Southeastern CT.